The maintenance period for Scroll Versions has expired on Nov 14, 2014. Make sure to get product updates and support, and extend your maintenance today.
There are two methods of creating parameters:
- Using the pop-up parameterization window
- Using the parameterization window in the right frame
Creating parameters using the pop-up parameterization window
1. Right-click on a request (a) in the Test Case Tree and select Create Parameter (b) in the Context menu.
2. In the appeared pop-up parameterization window, select a tab (c) corresponding to one of three request parts:
- Request Header
- Request URL and Query
- Request Body
- GET requests do not have a Body tab.
- While virtually any header can be parameterized, it is recommended to change only custom headers or values added by your application. Otherwise, modifying standard headers can cause the server to fail the request.
4. Depending on the selected tab and content of the request, StresStimulus will automatically select one of three parameterization controls:
- Parameterization Grid (d)
- Parameterization Editor (e)
- Free Format Request Editor (f)
- A request part that can be represented as a name/value pair form is shown in Parameterization Grid by default.
- A request part that cannot be represented as a name/value pair form is shown in the Free Format Request Editor.
Note: Parameterization controls that should not be used are automatically disabled to prevent user errors.
If necessary, select another available control that is more suitable for your situation. For example, you can switch from the Parameterization Grid to the Parameterization Editor if you need to enter long value strings or use the Find and Replace by value feature. To select a different Parameterization Control, click the corresponding button on the toolbar.
The final steps of creating a parameter depend on which parameterization control you will use. The next section describes parameterization controls.
If the request was highlighted as a result of searching for a particular value in the test case, then the searched value will be already highlighted in the parameterization controls to simplify the creation of a parameter.
Creating parameters using the parameterization window in the right frame
1. Select the Parameters node in the Workflow Tree.
2. Select a request on the Test Case Tree.
3. The parameterization window is displayed on the right frame. Use it similarly to the pop-up parameterization window described above.
- No labels