New Features and Improvements:
- Cloud testing
- Seamlessly provision AWS on-demand instances right in StresStimulus for use as load agents
- Chose a virtual machine from anywhere in the world
- Pick your load agent machine's tech specs
- Delete the instance right in StresStimulus when you're done
- No additional cost for licensed StresStimulus users (only standard AWS fees apply)
- IP Spoofing for performance testing load balancers
- No-Proxy Recording (aka Tunnel recording mode). Now StresStimulus supports scenario recording from client applications and native mobile apps that don't use system proxy settings and don't allow manual proxy settings
- Supports multiple https hosts for a single app
More Robust Test Designer for Higher Productivity
Test profiles. In previous versions, you had enter test configurations such as load and VU settings each time you created a test. Now you can save your settings to a profile and use it in multiple tests.
- Support expressions with extractors in validators
- Verify more than one iteration at once. This may be helpful to verify the 2nd iteration when a login transaction is marked to run on the first iteration only.
- Now the verification tree shows not only sessions, but also the entire test case hierarchy (including transactions and pages) which simplifies locating any replay issues
- Now extractors and patterns can be Base64-encoded by StresStimulus if necessary
More robust cookie parameterization. Now the value of the Set-Cookie object can be an expression consisting of several variables and constant strings instead of just a single variable (e.g. extractor or dataset)
- Compatibility with Windows language packs.
- More robust custom patterns. Now you can customize how patterns are used to create parameters by using formatted parameters
Ease of Use Enhancements
- Diagnostic in opening test cases. Now error reporting will display the test case name and session number that fails to load. It can help with opening tests with multiple test cases when one of them is corrupted.
Broader application support
- Added support for SAP Netweaver.
- Support for SignalR applications
Simplified Scenario Recording
- More reliable scenario recording from non-browser clients. Now you can specify a client's process name to record only relevant requests.
- Add a recording to the existing test case. Now we can expand an existing test case by recording additional user actions
- Mobile scenarios: Easiest certificate installation on mobile devices.
- Automatic cash clearing when recording from USD
- Automatic IE cache clearing in normal mode. When a scenario cannot be recorded in private mode, now you can record it in normal mode and still avoid manual cache clearing
- Monitoring errors during test execution. In previous versions you could analyze errors only after the test completion. Now you can monitor errors as they occur in real time
- Querying SQL CE Test Repository. Now you can directly query test results stored in SQL CE files to generate custom reports. Previously, custom reports were only available for SQL Server repositories.
- Manually re-scale curves for better graph presentation. Now you can customize each curve's scale in the test result.
- Compare a transaction, page or iteration from the report with recorded sessions request-by-request
More Powerful Load Generators and Automation
- Test case bound to to load agent. Now you can assign a test case to a specific load agent
- Command line interface now allows to run a test with a specified a test profile.
- Upgraded scripting event model. Added OnAfterIteration event that is triggered on completion of each iteration. It can be useful to create custom processing after replaying a script by a VU
- Command line interface now allows to specify a test run name and description which will be displayed in the report
- Create parameters faster. When searching a particular value in the test case requests, the sessions(s) containing the value will be highlighted. After creating a parameter on these session(s), the value will be already highlighted in the parameterization controls
- Verify more than one iteration at once
- Text Comparer. This built-in utility compares any arbitrary texts and color-code differences. It is helpful to compare any fragments of requests or responses necessary for manual correlation and parameterization.
- Verify tree now supports multiple test cases. It is useful when comparing TCGroup iterations.
- When displaying the test case tree for the first time, the property grid below is shown expanded.
In all property grids, included a link to a pop-up help window containing additional description of the property.
On the Extractor Tree and Test Case tree, several toolbar buttons are combined under "View Options" button to condense required screen space and simplify usage.
- Some context menu items in the test case tree are grouped under sub-menus "Create Container" and "Insert Object" to improve usability.
- Prevented a common error in changing the host. Prevent changing it using the request inspector. Instead this should be done using Host Remapping feature.
- Preventing an error with entering the recorded host and new host in the reverse order in the host remapping dialog.
- Extractors in scriptable components. Now a scriptable component can access an extractor that eliminates the need for parsing a response.
- Simplified invocation of a scriptable component. Previously you need to program at which point of a test case iteration to invoke the scriptable component. Now you can automatically run the scriptable component at the end of every iteration.
- Support recording scenarios with Brotli compression in Chrome.
When recording USD scenarios, the first transaction is automatically set to Login.
- Easier certificate installation on mobile devices. In the previous versions this required proxy configuration. Now it is no longer necessary
More robust cookie parameterization. Now the value of the cookie object can be not just a single variable (e.g. extractor or dataset), but also an expression consisting of several variables and constant strings
Avoid false positive warning due to recorded and replayed response size discrepancy. Previously when response of a session executed on a load agent is configured to be truncated, it was flagged on Verification Tree with warning status. Now such sessions are marked with unknown status