1. Pausing the Test. You can pause and resume the test by clicking on the corresponding buttons.
2. Skip pending requests. The Skip button allows the load engine to abandon all pending requests instead of waiting for the arrival of the corresponding server responses. Abandoned requests are counted as timeouts. Skipping pending requests allows the load engine to abandon slow requests and proceed with issuing remaining ones. This feature is helpful when the user wants to complete the test that seems to be "frozen" because some of the (pending) requests are causing a slow server response.
Note: Skip does not work on Agents.
3. Changing VUs during the test run. You can adjust the VU count on demand. That allows controlling the load more granularly. To add VUs during the test:
a. Set the VU adjustment value.
b. Click + to increase the VU count.
Note: Starting from v5.1, VU adjustments are available in distributed testing. StresStimulus will automatically determine which load generator to launch the new VUs on based on the mix weight of each agent.
4. Test Completion. After the test completion criteria are met, the test will stop automatically. A test can be stopped manually before its completion. It can be necessary for the following situations:
- While the test is running, sufficient information about the tested application performance was collected, and further test execution is not required.
- The test configuration does not reflect your testing goal.
- Too many errors are received, and some adjustments are required.
To terminate a running test, click Stop.
- No labels