StresStimulus has one installer for standalone and Fiddler addon versions. To start, download the installer from our website here and double-click to launch it.
At the welcome screen, click Next to start the installation wizard.
Once you accept the license agreement select the accept radio button and click Next
Select the product you want to install and click Next
- StresStimulus Load Testing Tool includes standalone and Fiddler versions, plus the PerfMon agent
- StresStimulus PerMonAgent is the PerfMon agent only. Use this option if installing on a server you wish to monitor.
Features to install
Select features you wish to install
- StresStimulus standalone tool. Installs StresStimulus standalone tool. This feature can't be unchecked.
- SQL Compact Edition (CE) 3.5. Installs SQL CE v3.5. If already installed, this feature will not be on the list. This feature can't be unchecked.
- Fiddler Add-on. Installs StresStimulus Fiddler addon. This is optional but recommended.
- Fiddler. If Fiddler Add-on is selected and Fiddler is not installed, then this feature will install Fiddler. If Fiddler is already installed, this feature will not be on the list. This feature requires an internet connection.
Select the folder to install StresStimulus. Default is %ProgramFiles%\Stimulus Technology\StresStimulus
Select the start menu folder to add StresStimulus shortcuts. Also, select if you wish to add shortcuts to the desktop and quick launch toolbar
Click Next to begin the installation.
Installation may take 1-5 minutes, depending on the features selected.
Trusting Root Certificates
To record HTTPS traffic, StresStimulus and Fiddler root certificates must be trusted. On this screen, select which certificate to trust (StresStimulus, Fiddler, or both). Click next and follow on-screen instructions. For more on certificates see Enabling HTTPS in Standalone Version and Enabling HTTPS in Fiddler Version
Once the installation is complete, check Launch StresStimulus to launch the application. Click Finish.
StresStimulusInstaller.exe [-n | -i | -u | /?] [/q] [/agent]
-n: Run the installer to install StresStimulus (Default).
-i: Run the installer to update existing StresStimulus installation with existing settings. If StresStimulus is not installed, then -n flag is used.
-u: Run the installer to remove existing StresStimulus installation. If StresStimulus is not installed, then -n flag is used.
/q: Run the installer in quiet mode (silent installation). If running with -n flag, all default settings will be applied.
/agent: After the installer is complete, start StresStimulus as a Windows Service agent. Only compatible with -n and /q flags
/?: Outputs the command line switch help.
- No labels