New Features and Improvements
Azure Cloud testing Support:
- With a few mouse-clicks provision Azure instances for use as load agents.
- Chose VMs from any Azure datacenter worldwide.
- Select the load agent machine's tech specs.
- No additional licensing cost with active maintenance (only standard Azure fees apply).
- Use Azure VM profiles for auto-provision load agents on-demand before the test starts.
- Automatically delete the cloud instance when the test is over to avoid unnecessary Azure charges.
- Mix and match Azure and AWS load agents.
More Versatile Test Designer:
- Extractor scope increased to a Test Case Group. Previously, an extractor could be used to create parameters only within the same test case. Now you can create parameters from an extractor in another test case.
- Cloning extractors. When cloning requests or any object with requests such as transactions or loops, StresStimulus will copy all extractors to the clone.
In the previous versions, every VU must have a corresponding row in the server authentication grid with credentials, even if the VU did not use server authentication. As a result, some dummy rows with credentials were required. In the new version, this is no longer necessary as credentials can be used more efficiently on demand.
Previously, dataset row binding to a VU was done in design-time by VU number. It required allocating data rows for all anticipated VUs even if they will not be instantiated nor access the dataset. In the new version, dataset row mapping to a VU can be performed in run-time on-demand only for VUs that actually require databinding.
Enhanced Correlation and parameterization:
Ease of Use for Higher Productivity:
- Easier troubleshooting authentication script. After Verify, you can now display credentials used under the Server Authentication. It can help to distinguish authentication issues between scripting or incorrect credentials.
- Option to Opt-in/opt-out recording web socket frames. It helps to ignore web sockets traffic unrelated to the test case to avoid false-positive errors.
- Verify tree now contains some extractor info to quickly find correlation issues when the error happened on a request with a green checkmark. Who
- In a test with multiple test cases, you can verify any of them without leaving the context of the current test case that you are working with.
More Realistic Emulation:
Emulating user restarting browser on every iteration. Previously the user session identified by a cookie was always carried over to the subsequent iteration (autocorrelated). Now there's an option to emulate a user restarting web browser on every iteration by eliminating session persistence between iterations.
Easier to use random extractors. Previously to simulate random clicks using a random extractor, it was required to specify a minimum and maximum occurrence. Now StresStimulus can determine this information automatically.
- Increased load generator performance. It allowed a significant reduction in "gaps" that could happen before when testing super-fast applications using load generators with limited system resources.
Enhanced VU distribution UI that now provides:
VU distribution by Test Case, then by Load Agent or in reverse order.
Recalculation of VU distribution by mix weight or ratios for Test Cases, and Load Agents.
Overwriting the calculated VU distribution for any Test Case, and Load Agents for more granular distribution.
Quick adjustment of VU distribution before running the test.
More Test Execution options:
More robust test workflow objects. If…then and do…while objects now support conditional expressions that are based on not only on constant strings and extractor value match but also on scriptable variables.
- More control over the request concurrency. Select Content-type to determine playback concurrency by content-type, (e.g. *.aspx pages requested sequentially, images requested in parallel). Select Recorded Concurrency to determine playback concurrency as recorded.
- Client certificate authentication by VU. Now you can specify a unique client certificate for every VU.
- Automated distributed testing of file upload scenarios. Now test files used in the upload scenarios are automatically synchronized from the controller to load agents before the test starts. Only file changes are replicated for higher performance.
- Agent Report. Besides the consolidated test report, now each agent generates reports that include all performance metrics collected on this agent.
- More detailed reporting. VU activity diagram in the test report and transaction subreports now additionally displays iteration duration w/o think time.
- Error View in Page and Transaction subreports. It displays details of errors that occurred on a particular page or transaction.
- Interactive Test activity diagram. Previously the test activity diagram displayed statistics for the entire test. On the new activity diagram, you can select any time interval and receive statistics for that time interval.
- Interactive transaction activity diagram. The same improvement was made for transactions and page activity diagrams.
- Faster reporting. Optimized test repository database design for faster test result calculations, and opening - added activity table.
- In the test result – Summary View, Performance Metrics section, added transaction per second.
- External reports enhancements. If a table cell's content is truncated due to being too long, hover over the cell to temporarily expand the cell size and see the entire cell's content.
- Duplicate? Enhanced external reports. Display a tooltip with the full path on mouse-over the request paths in the external reports. in the prior versions, the long request paths were difficult to see.
- The number of Completed Transactions and Pages was added In the test result – Summary View, Performance Metrics section.
- Coherent graph visualization in the runtime dashboard by keeping a consistent scale and auto-scrolls the timeline as test progress. Previously graphs did not consistently scale.
The test result now displays the version of StresStimulus that executed the test.
Other Improvements including:
- Added support for MS Edge browser when recording on Windows server 2019, 2020, and some older servers with the latest service packs.
- Improved paste into the authentication grid.
- Recovering scriptable variables if a crash was to occur.