The test will complete after a specified period elapsed and the secondary condition is met.
- Set the Load generation time (hh:mm:ss) property.
- Set the secondary condition by configuring the After the time elapsed property by selecting one of the following
- Wait for responses: No new requests will be sent and VUs will wait for pending requests' responses.
- Stop the test: No new requests will be sent and all pending requests will be aborted and excluded from calculations. This option is helpful when precise test duration is required; for example, when comparing two tests that should have the same duration.
- Wait for iterations to complete: StresStimulus will send all unsent requests in the current iteration and wait for their responses. As a result, because all iterations complete, StresStimulus will accurately calculate iteration specific parameters such as Avg. Iteration Time(s).
Here is an example: A test case consists of 10 requests and a test runs with one VU for 60 seconds. Let's say, after 60 seconds this VU completed 5 full iterations (which is 50 completed requests) and started iteration #6 by sending 7 requests and receiving 4 of them back.
- If you selected Wait for Responses, then VU1 will stop issuing requests and will wait only for the 3 responses which were not received back. After that, VU1 finishes the test with the following result: 6 iterations started / 5 iterations completed / 7 requests in the last iteration / No errors.
- If you selected Wait for Iterations to Complete, then VU1 will continue issuing the remaining 3 requests (to complete the iteration) and will wait to receive 6 responses back (the 3 responses which were not received plus 3 new responses) . After that, VU1 finishes the test with the following result 6 iterations started / 6 iterations completed.
If the test has more VUs, then StresStimulus will wait until the last VU finishes the test.
- No labels