New Features and Improvements
- Pattern Templates. Pattern Templates is used to further improve autocorrelation by using a higher level of abstraction to define a group of extractors.
- Custom patterns priority. Now you can specify which custom pattern takes precedence in case more than one custom pattern can be applied to an extractor.
- Added support for autocorrelation of PUT requests.
- Enhanced autocorrelation of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Autocorrelation of client-side cookies. In addition to autocorrelation of server-side cookies, the new version can auto correlate client-side cookies that you select.
- Added support for Channel Binding Tokens. Now we can record scenario on applications protected with CBT
- Added support for SharePoint scenarios involving Word viewer.
- Added support for handling OAuth2 tokens.
More Powerful Load Generators and Automation
- Custom Load pattern. In this load pattern, you can set the load to be applied by entering how many VUs you would like to run for a particular duration
- Peak Load pattern. In this load pattern, the number of VUs alternative between peak and off-peak intervals
- Expanded the range of load generator utilization without degrading the accuracy of instrumentation. In the previous versions, the accuracy of measuring response time and other performance parameters could be affected by insufficient OS resources when a test machine was stressed beyond optimal level. This version is less susceptible to performance metrics errors even on substantially overloaded test machines.
- The higher endurance of load generators. In the previous versions, if a test machine emulates more than a certain number of VUs, its ability to issue requests timely got diminished and therefore some unnecessary time gaps may appear between requests. This version eliminates such time gaps even on extremely overloaded load generators that therefore can emulate a higher number of VUs on the same hardware.
- Unattended (no-UI) mode for more robust automation. Now StresStimulus can be invoked remotely from PowerShell script Team Foundation Server or other test automation environment in unattended mode
- Verify progress bar displays real-time time statistics, including the number of processed sessions, and detected errors and warnings.
- Load Agent Near-Capacity warning on the controller. In previous versions, when load agent reached test storage capacity limit, test stopped without warning or error message. Now in these situations, an error message will be displayed on the controller
- Network connections diagnostic between load generators and monitored servers. Now before starting test execution StresStimulus checks network connection between every load generator and monitor server(s)
- Eliminated timeouts when opening extra-large test results in SQL Server. Now you can configure SQLCommand Timeout property.
More Robust Test Designer
- Destination picker. Now you can clone any objects from one test case to any point in the same or another test case.
- Adding sessions to any destination. Now you can add sessions from the session grid to any location in any test case.
- One-click container creation. Now a container such as Transaction, Page, Loop, If...Then, and Do...While, can be created with one click after selecting child objects.
- Re-positioning multiple sessions at once. Select multiple sessions, Drag & Drop them to a new location.
- Action History to undo/redo multiple actions. You can review a list of user actions to edit a test case and undo / redo any number of sequentially completed actions.
- Bulk editing multiple objects of the same type on the test case tree. In the previous versions, every object on a test case tree could be edited only individually. In this version you can select multiple object of the same type (for example, several requests or several transactions), then make changes in the property grid, and all selected objects will be modified at once. That can substantially save time on your test configuration
- Bulk deleting multiple session containers from the test case tree.
- Disable/Re-enable requests. Now you can prevent sending some selected requests during replay.
- Option to configure session concurrency. In previous versions, StresStimulus automatically determined which requests are issued sequentially and which are issued in parallel. In this version, you can override default settings and enforce desired session concurrency mode.
- Creating parameters for Referer header in bulk replace operation is optional now. It can be enabled in the Advanced Options section
- Option to select all highlighted sessions found in a search to perform a group operation such as edit and delete.
Ease of Use Enhancements
- Resolving name conflicts when importing a test case. Now user has full control on how to handle name conflicts in datasets, data generators and functions.
- Auto-trim whitespaces in datasets values. This helps to avoid data mismatch errors. Auto-trim option can be disabled
- One-click suppressing unessential verify warnings directly from the compare sessions inspector.
- Option to save a test as read-only to secure a specific version of the script.
- Only recording current user processes. In the previous version, before recording a scenario StresStimulus closed web browsers for all users simultaneously using the same test machine. In this version, StresStimulus will close the web browser only for the user that performs recording
- A help bubble to simplify tool learning. For example, it show new users where to enter transactions in the recorder.
- Web Test Builder for Visual Studio in Main Menu -> Tools. Now from the Main Menu you can select a test case an export it's a script to Visual Studio format.
- Request Composer in Main Menu -> Tools.
- Auto-save changes in Free format editor, so you never lose your parameters.
- Custom result storage folder for SQL CE files
- When remapping a host, the host name can be in the form of full URL notation