Release date - Dec-30, 2019
New Features and Improvements:
- Goal-oriented testing:
- Set a performance goal, and StresStimulus will ramp-up VUs until the goal is reached.
- Request-per-second goal: Ramp up VUs until reaching the desired hit rate (req/sec)
- Transaction time goal: Ramp up VUs until a transaction response time exceeds the desired time.
Testing web sockets. Now you can record and load test scenarios with web socket frames.
- Detailed test execution log. A runtime test log helps to analyze test events and troubleshoot test execution.
More Versatile Test Designer for Higher Productivity:
- Dynamic Extractors. Extractor definitions (e.g., text before/after and regular expression properties) now can include other source variables like extractors, functions, and generators. Previously, only constant strings were supported.
- Concatenating expressions for parameters. Now a parameter can be a concatenation of constant values and a data generator.
- More robust object management on the test case tree. Removing objects (e.g., sessions or transactions) from a parent container with one click.
- Emulating user scenarios with random dropdown selection. An extractor can now return a random dropdown selection index.
- More robust data generators. Using data generators with the on-read evaluation cuts down on the number of needed data generators significantly.
- More granular response validators. Now global response validators can be defined for responses of a given content-type.
- Path remapping. Now along with host remapping, you can remap path when only a part of URL is changed.
- Detecting an incomplete token correlation.
Friendlier to new user UI to shorten the learning curve:
- Automatic databinding parameters with datasets. New default databinding simplifies parameter creation.
- Easier extractor troubleshooting. The length of the recorded and replayed extractors is displayed after the Verify operation. Different length can indicate an incorrect extractor.
- Displaying entry examples in text boxes (e.g., in the recording wizard, the First Transaction field shows "Example: OpenApp or Login").
- Presenting the next step guidance (e.g., after creating a parameter, the dialog "Create more like this" pops-up ).
- The cleaner UI hides unimportant details (e.g., when the think time is specified on the test case level, it is hidden in pages and transactions
- Editing a selected test case in a group.
Simplified Scenario Recording:
- More robust desktop scenario recording. Multiple-process filtering can be used now for scenarios recorded from applications using several processes.
- Recording from a machine with several users. Now you can record web traffic from other users logged on the same test server, including System users and services.
- Recording from iOS 13 devices, which have hardened security.
More Test Execution options:
- Manual VU count adjustment during the execution of distributed tests. Increase the VU count on the controller and load agents in real-time as needed.
- Support for agent-specific test data. You can now designate dataset rows to specific load agents using the agent-binding column.
- More control over the VU path. You can customize behavior regarding the next execution steps after a VU encountered an error.
- Support for executing last iteration transactions (e.g., log-out) in time-based tests. In the previous versions, such support existed only for iteration-based tests.
- Support for loops that rely on the previous iteration data using copy extractors.
- More control over loops. You can define a custom action if a loop fails to meet exit condition after maximum repeats.
- Manage performance testing from Jenkins. The integration plug-in facilitates automatic testing.
- More versatile loops with variable data on iterations. Iteration source variables (iteration bound datasets and iteration data generators) inside loops, will be evaluated on every iteration loop.
- Export any tabular data to a csv file.
- Export activity diagram data to a csv file,
- Reporting test results for any individual load agents. After a distributed test completion, you can open a performance report based on the data collected by the load agent.
- Automatically emailing results upon test completion.
- More versatile external reports. Export transaction, page, and test case graphs in external reports.
- Reporting max concurrent VU load during the test.
Multiple other features and improvements, including:
- Offline activation now supports multi-machine licenses. When creating an offline activation request for a machine under a multi-machine license, you can specify the number of VUs.
- Support for extended ASCII characters in datasets.
- Enable StresStimulus Fiddler add-on, even if Fiddler is installed for other users on the machine.
- Silent installer for easier enterprise rollouts.