1. After you verified the test case, the next step is to set up the test.
Tip: Sometimes, the verify process finds some errors and/or warnings. They can be addressed using Parameter Finder and parameterization tool. For more info, see Resolving Errors and Warnings.
2. Select a load pattern and set the number of virtual users (VUs). You can either choose Steady Load (constant number of VUs) or Step Load (the VUs will increase over time). For more info on click here. Click Next when finished.
For more details about Load Pattern, see Load Pattern
3. Set the test completion criteria. After reaching this condition, the test will stop. The test can end after a certain number of iterations, a certain amount of time, or when max VUs are reached in a step load pattern. For more info on Duration, click here. Click Next when finished.
For more details about Test Duration, see Test Duration
4. Select think time option. Think time is a delay after a page is loaded and before the subsequent page is requested. VUs will use selected options to emulate time spent by a physical user on the page. Inside the wizard, if no pages exist (i.e., if "Group requests into pages" is left uncheck during the Recording Source step of the wizard), then the think time step will reference transaction think time, not page think time.
5. Set a desired browser cache option:
- Enable cache for a more realistic VU browser emulation. Some requests to static resources will not be sent.
- Do not enable cache if you emulate VUs using a non-browser client.
6. Click Next to start the load test.
- No labels