The first step in load testing with StresStimulus is to record a test case. A test script is automatically created by recording a user navigation scenario.
The user's requests and server responses are captured by a proxy and stored in StresStimulus as test case objects.
Note: The add-on version uses Fiddler's proxy. The Standalone version uses its own proxy, which can work side-by-side with the Fiddler proxy.
To start recording, click Record Test Case in the Workflow Tree. The Test Wizard will display the Recording Source step.
Select a Recording Destination:
Specify your Recording Source:
- To load test websites, select Web Browser. Then from the drop-down, select the browser type and click Next. Browsers installed on your computer will be on the list. The following browsers are supported: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.
- To load test other client applications, such as Silverlight or Flex, select Non-browser applications, and click Record.
- To load test MS Dynamics applications, select Unified Service Desk, and click Record. That will ensure only traffic from relevant processes is captured.
- To load test mobile apps accessed from external devices, select a Mobile device, and click Record.
- To open a previously saved test, select the Open existing test, and click Open.
By default, StresStimulus breaks down requests into pages. You can disable the automatic page breakdown.
To do so, un-checked the Group requests into pages box.
That can be helpful when, instead of tracking the performance of pages, you prefer to track the performance of transactions that are used to group requests manually.
Disabling pages is also helpful when testing Web services.
Other recording options are described here.
- No labels