Sometimes it is necessary to inspect or modify a recorded or replayed session by itself. Session Inspector is a tool for browsing and editing session content.
There are several ways to open Session Inspector:
A new tab with the following information will open:
1. The request is displayed on the top.
2. The response is displayed on the bottom.
3. The recorded and replayed session inspectors are marked accordingly. Replayed session display VU number, iteration, and a test case associated was the replayed session.
4. You can search the request and the response independently using the Find boxes.
5. To edit the session, click Unlock for Editing.
6. To save changes, click Save.
7. To quickly auto-size the request and response panes, use Resize buttons:
8. During the test run, a significant amount of performance information was collected on agents. The only part of this data, which is most important for consolidated reports, is mirrored to the controller. Some of the data is exclusively stored on the agent. For example, if the session was initiated on the agent and is opened on the controller, its response will display some session metadata, such as host, URL, and response code. However, detailed response body information will not be presented. Instead, directions will be provided to access complete request and response content on the agent by Opening an SQL CE file on the agent.
Note: To open Session Inspector, session content must be saved in storage accessible from the controller. This information is available in tests that ran from the controller without agents. In distributed tests, when SQL Server is used as storage, this information is also available on the controller as well. However, in distributed tests with SQL Server CE-based storage, the sessions initiated on the agents are stored on the agents. You still can open such sessions in the Session Inspector if Save sessions from agents property in Other Options -> Test Result Storage section is set to Yes (default) because this setting will force replicating minimum necessary data from the agents to the controller.
The request and response inspectors have the following views:
The Quick-Inspector is a single tab inspector that inspects the selected session on the active test case tree.
- To open the Quick-Inspector tab, right-click on any session in the test case tree and select Session Inspector > Open Quick-Inspector option.
- Select a session in the active test case tree on the left to inspect the session.
- Close the Quick-Inspector tab anytime or change the active tab to stop Quick-Inspector
The Quick-Inspector does not allow editing the currently inspected session.
- No labels