- Created by SS Doc Editor on Sep 09, 2021
Most test cases are created as a result of recording a test case. However, in some instances, one, several requests, or entire test cases can't be recorded and must be created manually. This is especially helpful for performance testing of a restful API. For these cases, you can use the web API, test builder.
To open the web API test builder, right-click on the Sessions Grid and select the Web API Test Builder option.
Or from the main menu, select Tools > Web API Test Builder option.
The web API test builder should open in a new tab.
To create a new HTTP(S) request, you can either complete the builder form or click the Raw tab and enter the request content manually.
Then press Send to issue the request and add a session to the bottom of the session grid. After that, you can add it to the test case as described in Adding section here.
- Select the request method.
- Type the absolute request URL, including the query string.
- Select the HTTP Version number (1.1 is the default).
- If you want to add more request headers (e.g., User-Agent or Accept), do not add the Content-Length header as it will be added automatically.
- If you selected the POST, PUT, or PATCH method, then you can add a request body.
- If you have a webform body, then you can add name/value names.
- Check the Url-Encode names/values checkbox to URL-encode the names and values and adds the Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded header.
- If you have any other body, then select the Raw body radio button and type the request body.
Creating a test case
Once the API requests have been executed to create a test case select the sessions from the session grid > right-click > Create Test Case. For more information on creating test cases see here.
Request Builder is only available in the Standalone version of StresStimulus. If you are using StresStimulus from Fiddler-Addon, use Fiddler's Composer feature to create requests.
- No labels