There are two types of searches available in the test case tree: quick search and deep search. A quick search can find the information displayed in the tree, such as the object name or request URL. A deep search searches the content of the objects.
1. Search URL. For a quick object search, use the Search URLs textbox (a). As you type, the first found tree node with the given text will be highlighted (b). To search next or previous, click the Next or Previous buttons, or F3 or hit Shift+F3 respectively (c)
2. Search content. To do an extensive content search of every session's request and response, follow these steps:
- Click Find Session by Content or hit Ctrl+F (d).
- The search dialog will appear (e). Fill in the following properties:
- You can optionally use the supplemental check-boxes (i):
- Match whole word: The search text will be matched as a whole word.
- Match case: The search will be case insensitive.
- Use wildcards: The search text contains wildcards (such as ? to match any one character and * to match any characters)
- Use regular expressions: The search text is a regular expression.
- Search Variations. Search for encoded/decoded variations of the string (selected by default).
- Click Find All (j) to begin the search. All the sessions that meet the search criteria will be highlighted in yellow (k).
- Double-click on the highlighted session to see the search criteria highlighted in the Session Inspector (l).
- Click the Clear search button (m) to clear the search and un-highlight the sessions.
- To select all highlighted sessions, right-click on a highlighted session, and choose Select All Highlighted.