A load test solution enables team members to work on test cases independently and then combine them to run a test.
A test solution has the following elements:
- A test solution file (.sslnconfig) similar to the .ssconfig file is described here.
- One or more test case configuring files (.sstc) that only contain the test case elements. These files are stored in the test subfolder alongside the corresponding .saz file.
This enables importing the same test case into multiple different tests, and all changes in the test case will be automatically propagated to all tests.
Creating a test solution
To create a test solution, in the Save test options dialog, select the Test solution radio button.
This will create the following test files:
- A test solution file (.sslnconfig)
- A test subfolder with a test case configuration file (.sstc) and a .saz file for every test case in the test. This set of files is called test case files.
- A new test configuration file and .saz will be created when adding a test case to a solution.
Importing test cases into a solution
When importing a test case from another test, there can be one of two possibilities:
- If importing from a test configuration (.ssconfig), then a new set of test case files will be created for every test case that is imported.
- No new test case files will be created if imported from another test solution (.sslnconfig). The test solution will reference the test case files from their current location.
Starting from v5.7 the test case paths are referenced by the relative path to the solution file, not the absolute path.
- No labels