A StresStimulus Test is a self-contained project comprising of elements defining a specific function or step in the load testing process. The test can be saved and then reopened from the StresStimulus Main Menu by opening the main project file with the extension .ssconfig. The test elements can be divided into four categories corresponding to the four top-level nodes on the Workflow Tree:
1. One or several Test Cases. Each test case includes:
- A sequence of recorded web sessions stored in a dedicated .saz file. Each web session includes an HTTP request sent by the client and a corresponding server response to it.
- A set of objects, such as extractors, parameters, transactions, loops, and validators, and their properties are stored in a .ssconfig file as an XML representing a hierarchical test object model (TOM). A single .ssconfig file containing TOM for all test cases is created in a test.
- One or several optional datasets, each of which is stored in a separate .csv file. A dataset can be used in more than one test case.
2. Test Configuration includes a set of objects defining test parameters such as the number of virtual users, load pattern, test duration, and test completion criteria. Test Configuration properties are stored in the .ssconfig file as an XML, a hierarchical object model.
3. Controls for running and monitoring Tests.
The Test file set includes:
- Main configuration file: <TestName > .ssconfig.
- A subfolder with the same name <TestName>, located in the same folder, includes the following files:
- One or several session files <TestCaseName> .saz - one per test case.
- Optional <DatasetName>.csv files - (one per dataset).
- __Auth.csv file with test credentials (if applicable).
- bin subfolder (optional) - for external component .dll files
- Script subfolder (optional) - for scriptable variable source files
- Certificates subfolder (optional) - for server authentication certificate files
- DataFiles subfolder (optional) - for test data files used for parameterizing file uploads
Saving a test
Saving a test will create the Test files set and save them to the appropriate location. In the main menu > File > Save (Ctrl+S) or Save As to bring up the Save test options dialog box.
- Enter the test name. This will also be the name of the main configuration file.
- Select whether the configuration will be a single or a test solution file (for multiple team member collaboration).
- Browse for the configuration's parent folder location. The default location of the test files is %My Documents%\Fiddler2\StresStimulus.
- Optionally, check the Create new folder checkbox and specify the folder name to create a subfolder for the configuration. This is necessary for Git version control features.
- Confirm the main configuration file's location.
- Click OK to save the test
- No labels