Each test creates a separate result set stored in the storage repository. After test completion, its result opens automatically in the Test Result tab. Each previous result can also be opened in a separate Test Result tab.
Because StresStimulus stores all test metrics in the test repository, the test result that ended previously will have the same information as a test just completed.
To load the previous test run results:
1. Select Analyze Results in the Workflow Tree. The list displaying the result sets of the previous test runs will appear. Recent test runs will be on the top.
2. Click Refresh Previous Results on the toolbar to make sure that the displayed set of available previous results is up-to-date
3. To load the selected Result in a new Test Result tab, click Open Result or double-click the Result.
Tip: To close a Test Result tab, click the x icon on the tab or hit (Ctrl+F4)
4. You can compare multiple previous results side-by-side in one report. Select the results to compare by checking the corresponding boxes and clicking Compare Tests on the toolbar. The comparison report will appear in the browser.
5. To rename the selected result, right-click, select Rename, and type a new name.
6. To change the data storage settings or the amount of saved data for subsequent tests, click the Configure Result Storage settings on the toolbar.
7. To delete previous results, select them by checking the checkbox on the left and clicking Delete on the toolbar.
Click the down arrow to bring up the option to permanently delete the result or move it to the recycling bin (this option is only available for embedded db results).
8. To quickly add comments to multiple tests after their execution, select a test and enter comments in the Test Run Comment property. The comments are not included in the test results. You can also edit Test Run Description property, which is included in the test Summary.
Info: The full list of page properties, toolbar commands, and context menu options is provided in the User interface reference -> Previous Results.
Tip for advanced users: By default, the test result is stored in a SQL Server CE .sdf file. You can access it directly using Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Management Studio Express.
Recovering corrupt results
In rare situations, during the execution of a StresStimulus test, the system may crash due to unforeseen circumstances. As a result, the test report is not generated automatically.
To prevent data loss and avoid unproductive time wasted on the execution of interrupted tests, StresStimulus has a data recovery feature.
When trying to open an incomplete result database, StresStimulus will present a dialog with the option to recover the results.
Click OK to begin recovering. Once it is complete, the final results are saved to the database, so they won't have to be recovered again.
A recovered test result will have a Completion Status: Recovered in the Summary report.
If the database becomes corrupt at any point, the results can be recalculated. Right-click on a result and select Rebuild calculations to start recalculations.
Rebuilding calculations will delete existing calculations. Use this feature only when necessary.
- No labels