Starting from v5.1, you can designate different data to different load generators. For example, an application that is accessed from different geographical locations can have different credentials in each location.
In this case, you can create a test with multiple load generators (agents) in different geographical locations. Then create a dataset with a set of credentials and each credential can have a designation which load generator will consume it.
To do this do the following:
- Create a credentials dataset
- Add a column called "Agent"
- Fill in the data.
- In the "Agent" column specify the Agent name where the credential row will apply.
If the Agent cell is left blank then the row will be consumed by all agents.
- Set the Agent-binding column property to "Agent"
What will actually happen during the test run is both Load generator NewYorkAgent and SydneyAgent will have the credentials dataset. However, the data will be different
- Load generator NewYorkAgent will have a credentials dataset with first 3 rows of the original (username1-3)
- Load generator SydneyAgent will have a credentials dataset with last 4 rows of the original (username4-7)
- No labels