On-Premise Load Agents
- On the controller, in the Other Options -> Load Agents section of the Workflow Tree, the grid displays agents attached to the controller.
- The first agent called Local is the controller by itself.
- To attach a new agent, on the grid’s toolbar, click Connect Load Agent.
- Enter required connection properties: Agent Name, Host name or IP address without "//", Port, Username, and Password
- Click Test Connection. If a pop-up message indicates any connectivity issues, correct them and try again.
- If the message indicates that the connection is successfully verified, click Add Agent.
- A new agent will appear in the list.
- To edit the existing connection, selected it on the grid and click Edit Selected Load Agent Connection on the toolbar. Alternatively, you can right-click and select Edit, or double-click on the agent’s name.
- To delete the existing connection, selected it in the grid and click Delete Selected Load Agent Connection on the toolbar. Alternatively, you can right-click and select Delete.
|Note: To communicate with the controller, the Agent has a listener on TCP port 49998 ( or another port if you changed the default port while Configuring Agent) If the Controller displays a communication error, make sure that StresStimulus is running on the remote computer in agent mode, and that TCP port 49998 is opened on firewalls between the controller and agents.|
Cloud Load AgentsTo create a cloud load agent on the fly, click Create Cloud Load Agent. Then refer to Creating AWS EC2 Agents for AWS or Creating Azure Agents for Azure.