Release date - Dec-31, 2020
New Features and Improvements
- Architectural upgrade for breaking down the legacy test file into a test solution file and individual test case files. R244 4AAL
- Storing test cases on individual team members' machines for independent development.
- Test solutions can reference test cases stored in a distributed network environment to simplify team member work synchronization.
- Re-using a test case in several solutions for streamlining management of multiple test configurations.
- Option to maintain your team members' contact information along with the list of allocated shared licensed resources (VU and machine pool) to streamline communication when releasing and reallocating shared resources is necessary.
Enhanced Test Case Development
- Verify Log. Now StresStimulus keeps the tracing log of the verification process. It includes detailed tracing and debugging information such as component exceptions. RN2J
- Waterfall diagram on Verification Tree. You can now display the verification process's waterfall diagram to assess request concurrencies, timing, and more. FX40
- Option to deletes recorded HTTP cookies from the test case. If a test case was recorded from a browser in Normal mode (instead of recommended Private mode), this option allows emulating new users instead of the recorded user. TDUD
- More robust JPath extractors. Now JPath extractors support regular expressions. QYPL
- Support for occurrence in Jpath queries. Occurrence property added to JPath extractors allows creating more elaborate search expressions by repeating the search a given number of times.
- New scripting editor. An improved test script XML editor now supports IntelliSense and other rich functionality for editing a test case.
- Quick certificate reset for more reliable recording. It helps to fix recording problems caused by a corrupted root certificate with one click. 2F1A
Advanced Test Programmability
- High productivity IDE: Scriptable components. Now you can develop scriptable components inside StresStimulus. Previously, you have to use external IDE such as Visual Studio and then copy the created DLLs to the test folder. A8X3
- High productivity IDE: IntelliSense. The editor for scriptable variables and components now provides IntelliSense. JHZR
- Session-specific scriptable component. Now you can execute a scriptable component for all sessions or associate it with particular sessions. Previously the 2nd option was not available. 6674
- VU storage for rich programmatic capabilities. Now you can create scriptable variables and components that write data to and read from VU storage.
- Programmable Custom Validators. New API allows creating validators that implement any logic using custom components.
- Programmable test workflow. Now you can programmatically abort a VU or the entire test based on your algorithm. EPMN
- Programmatically skip requests. Now you can disable requests programmatically based on specific conditions.
- Logging code exceptions. All scriptable variable and component execution exceptions are logged to the test log. UP8B
- Repositioning Tabs. Now you can quickly rearrange tabs by dragging and dropping them into the desired position.
- Key shortcuts to navigate between tabs. Hit Ctrl+Tab to move to the next tab.
- Tab navigation with the Drop-down. Select the tab you wish to navigate to from the drop-down list. It simplifies navigation when not all Tabs can fit the screen.
Robust Test Execution
- Configurable transaction skip. Now you can have a transaction executed on every X iterations. As a result, a transaction will skip X-1 iterations. LDTY
- Configurable transaction execution frequency. Now you can specify to execute transactions every x minutes.
- Support for IP spoofing in distributed testing. Now you can configure load agents to use different IP addresses for different VUs. Previously IP spoofing was supported only on a local load agent. 67NB
- Multiple server credentials for a single VU. To enforce a VU to retrieve and use different credentials, insert the Reset Connection object in a test case tree where needed. O1QB
- Performance metrics with client time. Now you can add the client scripting and rendering times to overall performance metrics. To do so, use the new property "Include in transaction time" of the Delay objects that represent the client execution time. 98HF
Elaborate Performance Analytics
- Collating transactions for reporting purposes. Now you can create a consolidated report that aggregates performance data of several selected transactions from the same or different test cases. To do so, give those transactions the same name. GYMQ
- Datasets in the test output. The test output can now store dataset values consumed during the test execution in addition to extractor and data generator values.
- Activity by load agents. You can now filter the activity diagram of the entire test and every transaction by the load agent. L749
- More granular transaction reporting. Previously, the Transaction-Details grid included data for all load agents in aggregate. Now the new Transaction-Agent details grid, the information is broken down by a load agent. T83Z
- Protocol column in the session grid. It helps to identify the HTTPS-related recording issues and other information tasks when querying the test log. M4O7
- Upgraded reporting for the test with IP spoofing. The VU-details grid now. Additionally displays the VU assignment to an IP address.BCSW
More Cloud Testing Support
- Support for Linux-based load agents in the AWS cloud. Now you can use cost-effective Linux load Agents. Previously only Windows OS was available.
- Support for Linux-based load agents in the Azure cloud. Now Azure load agent wizard allows you to choose between Windows and Linux VMs.
- More granular options for AWS cloud. Now you can create an AWS load agent in a designated VPS and subnet. U9ZS
Multiple fixes and improvements.