When you add a graph with one machine, the Add graph and machine to monitor dialog will appear. When you add a machine to an existing graph, the Add a machine to monitor dialog will appear.
To define a machine, complete the following three sections of either of this dialog:
- Select Local machine to monitor the local computer (StresStimulus controller) or Remote machine to control a remote computer over LAN/WAN or Web.
- If the Remote machine is selected, choose the machine connection type:
- Connect over LAN/WAN for machines that are not separated from StresStimulus controller by a firewall. If a firewall is used, then TCP port 139 must be open.
- Connect over the Web for machines behind the firewall. Such machines must have PerfMon Agent installed. By default, PerfMon Agent listens on port 49996. This port must be open on the firewall between the machine and controller. If you wish to change the listening port on this dialog, you must also change it on the PerfMon Agent.
If monitoring a remote machine, you may need to provide server credentials. Provide the credentials with sufficient permissions. For example, use an account that is part of the Performance Monitor User group. Then click Select Counters to add an initial set of counters as described in the next section.
If you failed to connect to the server, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage Your Credentials
- In the Credential Manager, click "Add a Windows credentials link" and add the server account credentials. If the account already exists, update it with the correct credentials (d) or remove and re-create it.
Starting from v5.6, the password will be encrypted in the configuration file (.ssconfig)